Tuesday 6 September 2011

Further Down Buttle Lake, Swimming and Myra Falls (far view).

After the stroll up to Lupin Falls we got back into the car and continued down the lake.



We stopped at a little beach with this weird sort of nurse log thing going on.  I ran up to the car and got my towel.  Ran back down to the beach, ripped off my clothes and hobbled quickly down into the water.  The rocks were big and sharp, the water was cold and numbing.

So fo course that good Brett snaps a shot of my painful and concentrated exit from the water!  I lumbered out... stepped on something very sharp... flopped down on my towel and laid back to warm up just a little.  After drying off I gathered up my clothes and go dressed.  We hopped back into the car and continued down the lake road.  Then we saw it!

 

Myra Falls.  This photo is taken from across the rather large Buttle lake with my rather pitiful telephoto lens.  Still, you can see what an impressive set of falls it is.  We both agreed we had to try to find a way over there.  Luckily it ended up that the road took us right to it.

More of the falls in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment