Sunday 20 November 2011

52 Weeks Autumn Addendum

I have been adhering to the timeline for the 52 Weeks project, which is 1 photo posted of relatively the same shot per week.  Once that shot is posted I cannot add another even if a new day brings better weather or circumstance.  This happened this week.  I got up on Saturday and it was frosty like crazy.  It was early in the morning and I knew where I wanted to go to take pictures, but it also hit me that Burnside and Munn road would also be frosty.  I snuck out of the house all bundled up against the cold.  First stop... Burnside and Munn roads.  The photo project might disallow me adding more than one picture per week to the project entry.  It does not stop me from adding shots of the same property in new entries.
















The land at Burnside and Munn roads is so lovely.  I'm having serious envy issues having now seen the owners leaving the gated property on several ocassions as I was snapping shots.  This morning the frost and the hard, clear light made it beautiful.  I keep hoping to catch some deer in one of the shots as I see them in the fields quite often whilst driving home from work.





Several snaps later it was time to continue on my way.  I'd been thinking of another shot every time I drove by a clump of pampas grass someone has in their garden.  The light hits it a certain way and it glows.  It's hard to get things like this to translate to a photo sometimes and I was wondering if it would work.  Having seen the results I cannot judge and I'll have to leave it up to you.





Finding parking on this section of road is impossible so I had to pull into the narrow, steep driveway to the tiny parking lot at Knockan Hill Park.  The maple trees are located in this driveway. 

Join me in the next entry to see Colquitz River Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment