Thursday 10 November 2011

Around the Gorge on Autumn Day.


A perfect autumn day to go for what might be the last bike ride of the season.  I grabbed my trap bag, stuffed my camera inside, pulled on my long riding pants and off I went.  The Gorge, in Victoria is a very long inlet that gets quite narrow in spots and then opens up into a large area knowns as Portage Inlet.  I've marked my route on this handy map that was located in the park.










































The oddest find on the ride was this stag, resting in someone's side yard.  I road past and thought he must be a fake.  Rideing back around I realized he was real when he blinked at me.  He did nothing as I got out my camera and started shooting.  Savvy urban deer apparently find the paparazzi blase'.  He was also pointedly ignoring the 3 men in the next yard who were hammering and sawing, cursing and shouting to one another as they renovated the house.

It was a great ride and I got some great shots as well as working out some physical pains and mental stresses.
I can only hope for more nice days with the temperatures permitting another ride like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment